a riff on nom nom paleo's cheesy egg muffins.
i find i've been craving protein FIERCELY, so i added some cottage cheese and increased the cheddar a bit in these delicious, fluffy vehicles for judicious dollops of cherry jam. they're also delightful on their own.
cheesy egg puffs/muffins/just eat them.
4 large, pastured eggs [you'll want that quality egg flavor]
3 tablespoons of gluten-free flour [i used rice flour]
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons whole-milk cottage cheese
3/4 cup shredded sharp, sharp cheddar
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
2. grease muffin tins [this made 5 extremely generous muffins in my tins].
3. crack the eggs into a bowl. add all of the other ingredients and stir until well mixed.
4. pour into muffin tins.
5. slide tins into oven.
6. savor the smell of cooking cheddar cheese. the dog and i just hovered near the oven.
7. bake until the muffins are golden brown on top.
8. remove from oven. slice in half. devour with or without jam.
i ate 4 of these high-protein treats for lunch. there's one left...and i'm not sure it will still be here when my husband gets home from the hospital.